CONTOH – CONTOH UNGKAPAN
Could you tell me the way to the police station ?
· Can you direct me to the fruit shop ?
· How do I get to the zoo ?
· Can you tell me where the hospital is please ?
· Do you know how to get to the nearest hotel ?
· I would like to go to the petrol station. Can you tell me how to get there ?
Go straight (go down/ go up) this road until you get to a one-way street
· Keep going until you see a traffic light
· Walk along this street until you get to the round about
· Turn left or right
· Take the first left turn on the T-junction
· Make a left turn on the crossroad
2. OFFERING HELP OR THINGS (menawarkan bantuan / menawarkan sesuatu)
Untuk menawarkan bantuan, dapat digunakan ungkapan-ungkapan berikut:
- May I help you?- Can I help you?- Could I help you?
- How can I be of assistance to you?
- How can I be of help to you?
- What can I help you
- What can I do for you?- How can I assist you?- How can I help you?
- Let me help you?
- Do you want me to help you?
- Shall I …?
Cara memberi tawaran seperti menawarkan makanan atau minuman dalam bahasa Inggris lazimnya dengan menggunakan ungkapan Would you like…?, Would you care for …?, why don’t you have…?, How about having …? May I offer you …?
- Would you like some bread? Yes, please.
- Would you care for some coffee? No, thanks. I don’t drink coffee.
- Why don’t you have some biscuit, please? Thanks, I’d love to.
Jawaban untuk menerima tawaran antara lain: Yes please, Sure, Why not, Ofcourse, Certainly, I’d love to, It’s a good idea, That’s great. Untuk menolak tawaran digunakan ungkapan seperti: No, thanks, Please don’t bother, I’d love to but…, That’s great but…
3. INTRODUCING (memperkenalkan)
Memperkenalkan Orang Lain
- I’d like to introduce myself. - My I introduce myself? - Let me introduce myself!
- I want to introduce myself
- I’d like you to meet … (nama) - This is my friend/boss/etc…(nama) - Have you met…(nama)?
- May I introduce you to …(nama/jabatan)
- Let me introduce you to ….
- I want to introduce you to ….
4. INVITING (mengundang/mengajak)
- let’s + V1 - Why don’t we …? - How about…?
- I’d like to invite you to…
- Would you like to…?
- I wonder if you’d like to
- I’m sorry I can’t- I’d like to but…- I’m afraid I can’t
- No, let’s not.
- I’d love to - I’d like very much - I’d be happy/glad to
- Yes, I’d be delighted to.
- That’s good ide
EXPRESSING THANKS (terimakasih)
Thank youThank you very muchThanks.
Thank you very much for… (kata benda)
I’m grateful for…(kata benda/noun)
You are welcome.That’s all rightNot at all
Don’t mention it
Thet’s all right
5. CONGRATULATIONS (ucapan selamat)
CongratulationsCongratulations on …I’d like to congratulate you.
I’d like to congratulate you on…
It was great to hear…
It was to hear about….
Happy birthday to you.
Happy new year.
Have a nice holiday
Thank youThank you and the same to youThank you. I need it.
Thank you very much.
6. SYMPATHY (menyatakan rasa simpati)
Ungkapan-ungkapan perasaan simpati atas mala petaka/musibah yang dialami orang lain diantaranya:
- I’m sorry to hear that
- Oh, that’s too bad.
- How awful!
- How terrible!
PLEASURE, DISPLEASURE (senang & tidak senang)
It’s really delightful/Iam delightedI’m satisfiedThat’s great
It’s really a great pleasure
I’m dissatisfiedWe are fed up with…I feel dosappointed
She is extremely displeased
SATISFACTION, DISSATISFACTION ( kepuasan, ketidakpuasan)
Ketika kita akan mengungkapkan kepuasan atas kerja seseorang, kita dapat gunakan ungkapan:
- Well done!
- Great! Good work
- I am satisfied with your work
- You did well
- Your job is satisfactory
- I am so happy about this
- I’m glad to what you’ve done
- It’s really satisfying
Katika kita akan mengungkapkan ketidakpuasan atas kerja seseorang, kita dapat gunakan:
- I’m not satisfied with work
- You haven’t done well enough
- I am really dissappointed
- Sorry, but your work is not satisfactory
- Oh, no!
- It’s not very nice
- It’s really not good enough
7. ASKING & GIVING OPINION (meminta & memberi pendapat)
How was the trip?How do you like your new house?How do you think of Rina’s idea?
How do you feel about this dicition?
What is your opinions of the movie?
What are your feelings about it?
I think (that)….In my opinion….As I see, …
If you ask me, I feel…
AGREEMENT/APPROVAL, DISAGREEMENT/DISAPPROVAL (setuju, tidak setuju)
Ketika kita merasa sependapat dengan opini orang lain, kita bisa mengatakan:
- So do I
- Yes, I agree with you
- It is certainly
- That’s what I want to say
- I am with you
- I am on your side
Ketika kita merasa tidak sependapat dengan opini orang lain, kita bisa mengatakan:
- Well, I don’t think so
- I don’t think that is true
- I disagree with …
- I wouldn’t say that
- Exactly not
- I can’t say so
- On contrary
- I don’t buy that idea
8. FEAR, ANCIETY (ungkapan ketakutan, kegelisahan)
I am afraidI am fearedI am scared
I am terrified
The sound is horrifying
Don’t be afraidThere is nothing to be afraid ofIt is nothing
I am worried about…I am anxious to know about…I wondered if…
That made me worried
I have been thinking about ….
I am afraid if…
Take is easyCalm downI know you are worried but…
It is not a big deal
9. PAIN, RELIEF (ungkapan kesakitan, kelegaan)
Ouch!That was hurtIt is painful
It hurts me
I’ve got a backache/toothache/stomachache
I feel sore all over
My eyes hurt
I’m very relieved to hear…Finally, it was overI feel relieved
I feel much better
I’m glad it’s over
That’s a great relief
I’m extremely glad to hear…
Thank goodness for that
What a relief!
10. LIKE/LOVE & DISLIKE/HATE (suka/cinta & tidak suka/benci)
I love itI like itI am keen on it
I am crazy about it
We all enjoy
(benda/noun/gerund)…is my cup of tea
I don’t really like itI dislike itI am not really interested in…
I can’t enjoy…
(benda/noun/gerund)…is not my cup of tea
I can’t stand
I hate it
11. EMBARRASSMENT & ANNOYANCE (Ungkapan rasa malu, kejengkelan)
I am embarrassedI feel ashamedOh my God
Shame on me
I don’t feel comfortable
I feel awkward
I am annoyedI had enough with itI can’t bear it any longer
You made me annoyed
You are such a pain in the neck
You made me sick
12. REQUEST (permintaan)
Would it be possible for you toWould you be so kind as toWould you…,please?
Would you mind …?
Any chance of…
I should be delighted to comeBy all meansI have no objection
I’d be happy to
I regret to say that we find ourselves unable to goI’m afraid it’s not possibleI’m afraid not
No, I won’t
You must be joking
13. COMPLAINT, BLAME (keluhan,menyalahkan)
I’m not at all satisfied with the serviceI really do/must objec to the serviceI take great exception to…
I want to complain about…
This is crazy!
You’re the one to blameIt’s your fault!It’s your mistake!
14. REGRET, APOLOGY (penyesalan, meminta maaf)
Much to my regretSadly, I ….Unfortunately
I’m terribly sorry
I honestly regret that I …
Sorry, I …
Please accept my apologies for what I didPlease forgive me for what I didI am extremely sorry
I really must apologies
May I offer you my sincerest apologies?
15. POSSIBILITY & IMPOSSIBILITY (kemungkinan & ketidakmungkinan)
I think there is possibility to …I sassume/believe…In all probability,…
it is going to be possible for me to…
that will probably …
it’s quite possible …
Do you think he/it could…?Would you say we’re capable of…?Are you capable of…?
Are you able to…?
Do you have any experience of…?
Do you know how to…?
Do you think you can…?